ZAMBIA MESSIANIC FELLOWSHIP NEWSLETTER.
February 2017 Newsletter
Shalom and blessings.
A word for you
God and God Alone
Allow me to offer a simple definition of wisdom. Wisdom is looking at life from God’s point of view. When we employ wisdom we are viewing life as God sees it. That’s why it’s so valuable to think God’s thoughts. You look at difficulties and tests as God looks at them. You look at family life and child rearing as God looks at them. You interpret current events as God would interpret them. You focus on the long view. You see the truth even though all around you are deception and lies.
Let’s go a step further and define another scriptural term: understanding. What does it mean? Understanding is responding to life’s struggles and challenges as God would have us respond. Not in panic and confusion. Not by forfeiting those things that are valuable to us, and not by compromising our integrity. Instead, when we have understanding, we respond to life’s challenges as God would have us respond. We trust Him. We believe in Him. We refuse to be afraid. We don’t operate our lives according to human impulses or in step with today’s politically correct culture.
How terribly important it is that we stand firm in wisdom, responding in understanding. Neither can be found by our own effort or as a result of our searching. God graciously provides both.
Have a great day
Your support means a lot to us. We’re so thankful for your partnership with our ministry because your help results in transformed lives. You are making a difference in the Kingdom of God here in Africa. For this, we’re grateful.
The New Year is upon us, and we just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU for lives you helped touch through your love, generosity and prayers in 2016. A BIG thanks to those who come, those who sent and those who cried and rejoiced with us. You are all God sent!!
Todah Rabbah and a big hug from all of us in Zambia.
The Bride and Groom at Zambia Messianic Fellowship.
Members of our main congregation have been building a new 300 seater sanctuary and I am glad to report that it is about 80% complete. It has been built without any outside financial support and many of our members have given above and beyond their capabilities, sold household items to support the building project and volunteered man hours to the work. Well done ZMF!!
Our new congregational building.
The congregation was blessed with two new babies Eli Cohen and Lufilwe. Hallelujah!!
We have a list of outstanding leaders and great teams coming to Zambia in 2017.
We are excited at what the Lord is going to accomplish through the teams coming to Zambia this year.
The Day School
Children from our day school and orphanage singing songs of praise at our new congregation.
The day school reported an astonishing 100% pass rate among our seventh graders!! We would like to sincerely thank all our sponsors who have and continue to invest into the lives of these young people under our care.
Without your support, encouragement and prayers these kids would be lost among the 34 million orphans living in Africa, many without food, education, medical care and a promising future.
The Zambian government through the Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) visited the Day school and orphanage and gave a donation of school supplies. This is the second time we are receiving help from the Zambian government and we are very grateful.
We have five new children who have joined our orphanage.
Blessed Musa is one of the new kids to join our orphanage. He was six months old when his mother died and Blessed was removed from his dead mother breast. Blessed is four years old and before being brought to our orphanage he was a child worker. Zambia has tens of thousands of child workers.
Graciousness Extended Project
Some of the children we started with are completing senior High school and heading into collages. Hallelujah!!!
Some of the youths who went through our school as kids and are about to graduate senior High school.
The Yalenga Family
Please continue praying for the Yalenga family as they minister the word of God.
- Thank you to all ministries and groups that hosted Rabbi Alex Yalenga during his American tour of duty.
- Our new Synagogue is 80% complete, Hallelujah.
- The Luwingu Congregation have a new roof!
- We have a brand new pick up truck!! Thank you to Jewish Voice and the many precious souls who sacrificially gave to this cause.
- Our Shalom Zambia Radio outreach is back on the airwaves reaching an estimated 2.5 million people.
PRAYER POINTS- Please join us in prayer for the following:
- Complete healing for our sister Mrs Maubo who was involved in a car accident, she broke her arm in several places.
- Please do pray that we introduce 8-12 grades at our day school so that our orphans don’t have to go away looking for other schools to continue their education.
- The greatest numerical growth of Bible believers in the world is currently taking place in Africa and African believers are facing an increased level of persecutions from Muslims. Beheadings, shootings, bomb attacks, kidnapping, slavery, forced conversion, acid attacks and many other evil things are being committed against God’s children. Please pray for the Body of Messiah in Africa especially in Nigeria, Kenya and Somalia.
- Please do pray for the court case involving our property to be disposed of once and for all and for finances to pay all the legal fees.
- Pray for continued sponsorship for our Shalom Zambia radio outreach and that it will bear fruit among the 2.5 million listeners.
- Protection from counterfeit believers.
- Open doors for the gospel
- Salvation of the Zambian Jewish community, Muslim community and African tribal communities
- Spiritual and numerical growth.
- Finances for ministry needs, including a sponsor for each child under our care, financial support for the Yalenga family and for the needs of the other congregations under ZMF’s covering.
- $80 a month will allow a child to stay at our orphanage giving them a safe place, warm bed, three meals a day and school. Children will be taken in after a sponsor is found.
- $25 a month will sponsor feed and educate one orphan for the whole month at our day school. We still have many children in need of sponsors.
- $90 will sponsor one radio outreach program to over 2.5 million people.
- $150 will help pay the monthly wage of one teacher at the orphanage day school. We have 8 teachers teaching over 160 children.
- $6 will buy a bible for a new believer.
- $50 will buy a goat to provide protein for 164 orphans for a day.
- Monthly support for the Yalenga family who are in full time ministry taking care of 8 congregations, Orphanage, school, outreach, discipleship and raising new leaders.
Thank you for being a blessing.
For more information contact
Donations are tax deductible in the USA and are received with thanksgiving. For tax-deductible contributions in the United States, write checks (please designate Zambia) to:
Congregational Roeh Israel
8556 East Warren Ave
Denver, Colorado 80231
Those in the UK (and Europe) can now support the work here in Zambia in £ or euros (cheque, money order). Cheques should be made to B’Nai Maccabim (http://www.bnaimac.co.uk) with Zambia on the back
If you have questions or are looking for possibilities of supporting the ministry, sponsoring an orphan, being involved in our Graciousness Extended program or supporting the Yalenga family, please contact Maria Schmitt at email@example.com or 719-487-9061.
You can also donate via Pay pal (not tax-deductible) at http://zamf.org/donations/. If you choose to send via PayPal, we kindly ask that you consider adding $1.30 for each $25.00 sent due to the amount of your donation PayPal will deduct if you are not a PayPal subscriber.
When you donate to the Zambia Messianic Fellowship you can be sure that you are contributing to an organization that is witnessing to the lost, discipling believers, raising new leaders, taking care of orphans, planting congregations around Zambia, fighting anti-Semitism, teaching the church about their Hebrew roots and responsibility to Israel, lobbying government for biblical values and helping the poor masses with viable economic activities.
To unsubscribe send email with word ”unsubscribe” in the subject.