Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalms 119:105
The great God of Israel recently gave us a Torah scroll through Rabbi Judah Hungerman and his congregation Beth Messiah (Sarasota). The Torah scroll went through some very important routes in Lusaka the capital, passing through roads that hold important government institutions like Parliament, cabinet office (the seat of the government), Arakan barracks and State House (presidential palace).
Life come to a stand still as the Zambia Messianic Fellowship members were joined by many others in celebrating the dedication of the Torah scroll. Led by the paramilitary police brass band, the streets were filled with music, kids, onlookers and joyful congregants praising The God of Israel and Yeshua our Messiah. Indeed His word is a lamp unto our feet.
From experience, we know that it is easy to criticize others. And we know that it is usually far easier to find faults than to find solutions. Still, the urge to criticize others remains a powerful temptation for most of us.
Negativity is highly contagious: We give it to others who, in turn, give it back to us. This stress-inducing cycle can be broken only by positive thoughts, heartfelt prayers, encouraging words, and meaningful acts of kindness.
As thoughtful servants of a loving God, we have no valid reason—and no legitimate excuse—to be negative. So, when we are tempted to be overly critical of others, or unfairly critical of ourselves, we must use the transforming power of God’s love to break the chains of negativity. We must defeat negativity before negativity defeats us.
Winners see an answer for every problem; losers see a problem in every answer. – Barbara Johnson
We never get anywhere—nor do our conditions and circumstances change—when we look at the dark side of life. – Mrs. Charles E. Cowman
To lose heart is to lose everything. – John Eldredge
Do not build up obstacles in your imagination. Difficulties must be studied and dealt with, but they must not be magnified by fear. – Norman Vincent Peale
2Co 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
The congregations have been blessed with the arrival of the Torah Scroll. Leaders of congregations that make up the Zambia Messianic Fellowship travelled to Lusaka to welcome the Torah scroll.
Thank you for your prayers, the Luwingu congregation is now experiencing some relative peace and calm. One of our own leaders was even appointed to the tribal council and the tribal leader responsible for the persecution was openly reprimanded by the chief tribal leader.
About 30 people gave their lives to the Lord in August.
Meet Dorcas Phiri, 7 yrs old. Dorcas was abandoned by her parents. Dorcas has finally found a home at our orphanage. There are still millions of children and orphans out there in need of help. With the help from above and with your help we are changing and touching one life at a time. We are so grateful to all those sponsoring orphans at our orphanage and those who are on the waiting list to sponsor a child into the orphanage. Sponsoring a child at the orphanage is $80 a month.
The Day School
About 30 seventh graders graduated from our Day school. Instead of rejoicing many cried and wept openly because they will no longer attend our school. When asked why they were crying, they said they would now be forced to find food, clothing, school supplies and other necessities by themselves. You can still continue helping these wonderful children through our graciousness extended program.
We will soon be receiving about 40 new children at our day school. We are excited at the potential of touching, transforming and teaching these kids about the Great God of Israel through the many programs that we have at our day school.
Graciousness Extended Project
Occasionally we have the opportunity to extend graciousness to children that have special needs or have graduated from our day school but have no support. Some of the children who have graduated from the 7th grade no longer are given a meal or assistance to go on further with their education. We have developed a new program to help care for these children who do not fall under our school and feeding program. If you were sponsoring a child who has since graduated and you would like to continue sponsoring the same child this is for you.
Dr. Maria Schmitt (seated) Chip (right) and Jenna (3rd from right) at the Zambia Messianic Fellowship Office.
Our United States coordinator Maria Schmitt was in Zambia with her wonderful family. We were all blessed by her coming. She was here to familiarize herself with the operations, get to meet the children and see first hand what was on the ground. Her husband Chip and daughter Jenna were a great blessing too as they helped at the office and also played with the many kids. Thank you for your prayers for the Schmitt family while they traveled and visited Zambia.
- Rabbi Jay Ledbetter will be visiting Zambia in February 2016 to conduct a series of teachings and a Bat mitzvah. We are so excited!!!
- Castlewood Canyon Church will be bringing a team in July 2016. Their last visit was a great blessing with over 100 new salvations.
- Congregational 268 are also coming in August 2016 and as usual everyone is excited. They have touched many lives for God in Zambia including praying and ministering to royal tribal leaders. Hallelujah!!
The Yalenga Family
Continue praying for the Yalenga family as they minister the gospel in Zambia and around the world.
PRAYER POINTS- Please join us in prayer for the following:
- The Luwingu congregation are in need of a new roof costing $900.
- The greatest numerical growth of Bible believers in the world is currently taking place in Africa and African believers are facing an increased level of persecutions from Muslims. Beheadings, shootings, bomb attacks, kidnapping, slavery, forced conversion, acid attacks and many other evil things are being committed against God’s children. Please pray for the Body of Messiah in Africa especially in Nigeria, Kenya and Somalia.
- Please do pray for the court case involving our property to be disposed of once and for all and for finances to pay all the legal fees.
- Pray for sponsorship for our Shalom Zambia radio outreach and that we will resume broadcasting and bear fruit among the 2.5 million listeners.
- Protection from counterfeit believers.
- Open doors for the gospel
- Salvation of the Zambian Jewish community, Muslim community and traditionalist communities
- Spiritual and numerical growth.
- Finances for ministry needs, including a sponsor for each child under our care, financial support for the Yalenga family and for the needs of the other congregations under ZMF’s covering.
- A new ministry truck costing $40,000
- $80 a month will allow a child to stay at the newly opened orphanage giving them a safe place, warm bed, three meals a day and school. Children will be taken in after a sponsor is found. So far we will have 14 children and many empty beds.
- $25 a month will sponsor, feed and educate one orphan for the whole month at our day school. We still have over 60 orphans in need of sponsors.
- $90 will sponsor one radio outreach program to over 2.5 million people.
- $150 will help pay the monthly wage of one teacher at the orphanage day school. We have 8 teachers teaching about 160 children.
- $6 will buy a bible for a new believer.
- $50 will buy a goat to provide protein for 164 orphans for a day.
- Monthly support for the Yalenga family
Thank you for being a blessing.
For more information contact
Donations are tax deductable in the USA and are received with thanksgiving. For tax-deductable contributions in the United States, write checks to:
Congregational Roeh Israel
8556 East Warren Ave
Denver, Colorado 80231
Those in the UK (and Europe) can now support theo work here in Zambia in £ or euros (cheque, money order). Cheques should be made to B’Nai Maccabim (http://www.bnaimac.co.uk) with Zambia on the back
If you are looking for possibilities of supporting the ministry, sponsoring an orphan, being involved in our Graciousness Extended program or supporting the Yalenga family, please contact Maria Schmitt at email@example.com or 719-487-9061.
You can also donate via Pay pal (not tax-deductible) at http://zamf.org/donations/. If you choose to send via paypal, we kindly ask that you consider adding $1.30 for each $25.00 sent due to the amount of your donation paypal will deduct if you are not a Paypal subscriber.
When you donate to the Zambia Messianic Fellowship you can be sure that you are contributing to an organization that is witnessing to the lost, discipling believers, raising new leaders, taking care of orphans, planting congregations around Zambia, fighting anti-Semitism, teaching the church about their Hebrew roots and responsibility to Israel, lobbying government for biblical values and helping the poor masses with viable economic activities.
To unsubscribe send email with word ”unsubscribe” in the memo.