- There are about 50Million orphans in Africa.
- Zambia has about 14,075,100 people
- Only about 600,000 Zambians are in formal employment.
- Between 64 – 69% of Zambians live on less than $1.25 per day.
- Of the 54 African countries, Zambia has the second highest number of orphans beating only Zimbabwe.
- Zambia has about 1.5 million orphans.
- Over half of Zambian children are malnourished
- The Zambian population of children aged 0-17 years is about 6,638, 301 and of these children 13.0 percent are orphans.
- At provincial level, Lusaka Province has the highest number of orphans followed by Copper-Belt Province.
- Of the 2,513,768 households in Zambia, 4,636 are headed by children (aged 12-17 years).
- Many orphaned girls opt for early marriage to survive and many orphaned boys end up as child laborers.
Help bring hope by sponsoring a child at the Jerome Fleischer orphanage Home.
The Jerome Fleischer orphanage home.
The Jerome Fleischer Home has 24 children and room for another 70 children if sponsors are found. It takes $80 a month to sponsor a child at the Home. The $80 sponsorship provides the child with accommodation, three meals a day, education and medical care. Make a difference in the life of a child today!
Children at our Jerome Fleischer Home.
A safe place for children.
Want to sponsor a child?
Maria Schmitt, USA Orphanage Coordinator and Funds Custodian
19455 Misty Morning Drive
Monument CO 80132
Tel: (719) 487 9061
When giving directly to Congregational Roeh Israel or through Paypal, please contact Maria via email and let her know.
Corresponding with Your Sponsored Child
There are two ways you may correspond with your sponsored child.
1) You may mail your letter directly. You must send it registered to this address:
Jerome Fleischer Orphanage Home.
ATTN: (Put in your child’s name)
PO BOX FW 193
Lusaka, Zambia 10101