God does not discipline us to subdue us, but to condition us for a life of usefulness and blessedness. – Billy Graham
We were privileged to meet and dine with a group of visiting journalists from leading Israeli media outlets including one attached to the Prime Minister’s office. Some among the group asked Fay and I to pray for them and bless them and we did it in the name of Yeshua.
Meeting Israeli journalists.
We are so glad to report that G-d through Beth Messiah Messianic Synagogue in Sarasota has given us a Torah Scroll and we will be dedicating it on September 5th. Hallelujah!!!!
The Luwingu congregation in northern Zambia was under threat of attacks from the tribal leader who even took parts of the congregational land. The congregation is not new to attacks. It lives alongside a very hostile community who are against many biblical teachings. A few years ago the congregation was attacked by villagers using machetes and other primitive weapons. G-d has been protecting the congregation and so far no attacks have been made against our people. We have also appealed to the senior most tribal leader to intervene.
Our Chinkuli congregation was also drawn into a dispute by the new tribal leader which has since been resolved.
Thank you for your generous prayers.
Fay with the young girls rescued from a brothel.
We briefly housed at our orphanage some young girls rescued from a brothel in Lusaka. Many young girls are being drawn into prostitution due to poverty and lack of schools.
We have another new child coming to our orphanage and others about to come in when the paper work is cleared by the Zambian government. We are so grateful to all those sponsoring orphans at our orphanage and those who are on the waiting list to sponsor a child into the orphanage. Sponsoring a child at the orphanage is $80 a month.
The Day School
Kids enjoying a meal at the day school.
We have a new head of school at the day school Barbara Chanda. The children have had a very full and exciting time. We are so grateful to all who are supporting these children enabling them to have a chance to aquire an education, healthy meals and to learn about our Wonderful Heavenly Father. We have over 140 children at the day school with girls being in the majority. We still have many kids in need of the $25 sponsorship at the day school.
Graciousness Extended Project
Occasionally we have the opportunity to extend graciousness to children that have special needs or have graduated from our day school but have no support. Some of the children who have graduated from the 7th grade no longer are given a meal or assistance to go on further with their education. We have developed a new program to help care for these children who do not fall under our school and feeding program. If you were sponsoring a child who has since graduated and you would like to continue sponsoring the same child this is for you.
Our USA Coordinator Maria Schmitt will be in Zambia with her wonderful husband Chip and daughter Jenna!!
Kindly pray for their safe travel, good health and a very productive 10 day working visit.
The Yalenga Family
Continue praying for the Yalenga family as they minister the gospel in Zambia and around the world.
PRAYER POINTS- Please join us in prayer for the following:
- The Luwingu congregation are in need of a new roof costing $900.
- The greatest numerical growth of Bible believers in the world is currently taking place in Africa and African believers are facing an increased level of persecutions from Muslims. Beheadings, shootings, bomb attacks, kidnapping, slavery, forced conversion, acid attacks and many other evil things are being committed against God’s children. Please pray for the Body of Messiah in Africa especially in Nigeria, Kenya and Somalia.
- Please do pray for the court case involving our property to be disposed of once and for all and for finances to pay all the legal fees.
- Pray for sponsorship for our Shalom Zambia radio outreach and that we will resume broadcasting and bear fruit among the 2.5 million listeners.
- Protection from counterfeit believers.
- Open doors for the gospel
- Salvation of the Zambian Jewish community, Muslim community and traditionalist communities
- Spiritual and numerical growth.
- Finances for ministry needs, including a sponsor for each child under our care, financial support for the Yalenga family and for the needs of the other congregations under ZMF’s covering.
- $80 a month will allow a child to stay at the newly opened orphanage giving them a safe place, warm bed, three meals a day and school. Children will be taken in after a sponsor is found. So far we will have 14 children and many empty beds.
- $25 a month will sponsor, feed and educate one orphan for the whole month at our day school. We still have over 60 orphans in need of sponsors.
- $90 will sponsor one radio outreach program to over 2.5 million people.
- $150 will help pay the monthly wage of one teacher at the orphanage day school. We have 8 teachers teaching about 160 children.
- $6 will buy a bible for a new believer.
- $50 will buy a goat to provide protein for 164 orphans for a day.
- Monthly support for the Yalenga family
Thank you for being a blessing.
For more information contact
Donations are tax deductable in the USA and are received with thanksgiving. For tax-deductable contributions in the United States, write checks to:
Congregational Roeh Israel
8556 East Warren Ave
Denver, Colorado 80231
If you are looking for possibilities of supporting the ministry, sponsoring an orphan, being involved in our Graciousness Extended program or supporting the Yalenga family, please contact Maria Schmitt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-487-9061.
You can also donate via Pay pal (not tax-deductible) at http://zamf.org/donations/. If you choose to send via paypal, we kindly ask that you consider adding $1.30 for each $25.00 sent due to the amount of your donation paypal will deduct if you are not a Paypal subscriber.
When you donate to the Zambia Messianic Fellowship you can be sure that you are contributing to an organization that is witnessing to the lost, discipling believers, raising new leaders, taking care of orphans, planting congregations around Zambia, fighting anti-Semitism, teaching the church about their Hebrew roots and responsibility to Israel, lobbying government for biblical values and helping the poor masses with viable economic activities.
To unsubscribe send email with word ”unsubscribe” in the memo.